Ok chickens, I had a slight snafu earlier this week in which I let Boo hang in my desk chair and my computer suddenly stopped working, but we’re back on track and so here I am. And because it’s Friday after my first full week in the office in a very, very long time, I think it might be a good idea to chat through five.good.things before we hit the weekend.
1. We woke up this morning to the news that the Supreme Court has made it legal in all fifty states to get married, regardless of your sexual orientation, which is both so, so, amazing and also sort of embarrassing because it hadn’t happened yet. In any case,fantastic news on a Friday morning!
2. This weekend, my bffs, my parents and I are headed to Ravinia (you may recall this is my favorite spot in the world) to check out Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett. I have a feeling this will be an interesting experience including lots of alcohol and crowds, but bring it on. It’s been all business so far this summer, I’m ready for a little fun!
3. JW and I are both very nearly over our colds, which means there is the distinct possibility we will be able to do something aside from laying on the couch watching Orange is the New Black over the next two days (not that I’m knocking that, chickens- it’s a totally acceptable way to spend a weeknight). Here’s to our health, chickens!
4. I’m currently reading 99 Days which happens to be by my life role model and baby sister’s BFF Katie, and after two very intense (and good, you guys, they were good) books about the French Occupation during WWII, this is like the very thing I needed. It’s about teenagers and summer and angst and bad decisions and good decisions and I’m loving it so very, very much. Please trust me and go get it (or if you’re nice I’ll let you borrow my copy).
5. Boo has sort of given up his, I’m going to scream all night until you’re afraid our neighbors will kill us and so you’re forced to bring me into your bed, which means that my family has gotten to sleep all night two evenings in a row. If you have a baby, you know how good of a thing that is, and if you don’t, just think of the best thing and then it’s just a tiny bit above that. Here’s to a weekend of sleeping in (until 6 am).
And with that, chickadees, I’m off to hit the ground running at the office and then to enjoy a few days of rest and fun. Enjoy the sunshine if you’ve got it!