Chickens, despite the 30 degree weather out here, the fact is, it’s Friday.
And so I’m banking on some good things.
Let’s get to it.
1. Last night, Uconn pulled out a win, hurtling them into the Elite Eight. After not even making an appearance in the tournament in 2010, I’m feeling good. I love a tournament even more when my team keeps advancing.
2. In other NCAA news, my coworkers and I play in a Sweet 16 pool every year, and this year, we had the misfortune (or so we thought) to pick Arizona. I went to bed early last night, but when I woke up this morning, it seemed as though Arizona had not only beat Duke, but pretty much killed them.
Good for my wallet and my morale.
Obviously, a conflict awaits on Saturday, when CT and AZ go head to head.
Luckily, there’s a spread involved, which means I might just have a chance of aligning my interests here.
3. While I may have been complaining that Orson is causing me some allergy discomfort, he is an interesting and funny little cat. He does things like lay out on the arm rest of my couch, which we have named the “Monorail Cat” pose.
4. JW and I are headed to dinner and a movie tonight, which means I’ll finally get to use the LivingSocial deal I got (2 movie tickets for $9!), and also, finally get to check out The Adjustment Bureau, which I’ve been meaning to get to for awhile.
I love me some Matt Damon.
And Emily Blunt, actually.
Also, I love fountain drinks and movie snacks- so this whole night is really panning out for me.
5. CJ and I went for a swim this morning, which adds up to three runs (one last night, despite the fact that I nearly ditched the plan several times) and two swims for the week. I’ll be rounding it out with kettlebells in the morning, and I am happy to report that I am feeling far more physically fit than I was a couple of weeks ago. It’s amazing what a week can do for your mental game. It’s almost race season, chicks!
If I was to add a 6th thing here, it would be that coming up this weekend, Ky and I attempt to roast a duck.
First we have to find one.
Then we have to figure it out.
Check back for how this one plays out.
And have a good weekend!