Chickadees! Happy Friday! I’m just running around throwing a few more things in my bag, and then I’m heading off to NYC for a weekend with my buds. Since I’m on the cusp of what’s promising to be a pretty good weekend, I thought it was a good time to spell it out, five good things style.
1. Last night I took care of business, buying new shoes and finally getting a manicure/pedicure.
You wouldn’t believe the current demand for a manicure in Lakeview. Every place we went was crowded, and Ky and I literally walked across busy streets hurrying to get somewhere that would take us before they closed.
No one was harmed in the process of hunting down a manicure, thank God.
After finally finding success, we headed back to my house to watch 30 Rock and eat chicken nuggets and drink white wine.
I know. I lead a sophisticated life.
2. The sun is shining. We might get some rain in NYC this weekend, but the temperatures are supposed to stay above sixty, and at this juncture, I cannot think of anything better.
3. As previously mentioned, I’m headed out of town for the weekend, which will be pretty much awesome, since I’ll be laying my eyes on my pal CM, and also, soaking in NYC for the first time in…a really long, shameful period of time in which I haven’t seen the city. And while we all know of my fierce affinity for the Second City, it will nice to get myself to the East Coast for a hot minute.
4. I’m finally diving into Unbroken, which I’ve been after for months. The library has been a little stingy giving it up, but it’s finally in my paws and I’m hoping to make some headway on the flight tonight. Stay tuned.
5. My mom’s graduating from her Master’s program tonight- yet again affirming her place as Smartest Palluzzi. Next week my dad’s graduating–big things are happening around here, chicks!
And now, I’m off to pick up any loose items, shove them in my woefully embarrassing duffel bag, and take my Chicago self to the city that never sleeps. Have a good weekend!