Ok, in honor of the fact that I am willing myself to recover from this cold in the next 24 hours, I will pull out Five Good Things, in the hopes that there will be more to come. So here goes nothing chickens:
1. I’m headed home this weekend, to do the following things: pick out a florist, choose a flavor of wedding cake, get into my pool to do something about this oh-so-pasty complexion I’ve got going on, and do my laundry, because apparently I’ve reverted back to the age of 18 (although, I’ll have you know even when I was 18 I did my own laundry at the dorms. So really, this is just a new, pathetic thing I’m up to).
2. I’ve got a good, solid stream of public library picks at my disposal. I just finished Things I’ve Been Silent About, which is a memoir about an Iranian woman and talks about not only Iranian politics in the last 80 years or so but also about family and friends and life in general.
I loved it.
And whoa, you guys. There’s so much I don’t know. Maybe you do. But if you’re looking for a good story and to learn something about a country that can be at best confusing in context, pick this one up. You won’t regret it.
Up next: Let the Great World Spin, which came recommended to me, and also spins a story around a man who (true story, chickens) walked on a tightrope across the World Trade Centers in the 1970s. I’ll keep you posted.
3. All this rain has been something of a bummer, but on the plus side, I’m having some success on the plant side. My arugula is starting to look like a jungle, and I can’t wait to get my hands on some of it when I get back next week.
4. JW and I caught The Hangover 2 last night, and while we both agreed that since it was essentially the same exact movie as the first one, it wasn’t quite as entertaining, it still made us laugh. We also hit up Maggiano’s for a serious pasta dinner, and have leftovers that will probably last us until next year.
5. Today is Thursday. And while technically, I’m sort of feeling like it should be Friday, I’ll take that we are almost.to.the.weekend. Hang on friends, we’re getting pretty close here.
And with that, I’m off to my cubicle for awhile, and then tonight, it’s out to Piece again with my parents.
Maybe I’ll be a Piece Pizza regular.
I take no issue with that.