Ok, chickens, we’re cruising into what looks like a short week for me, and I’m feeling pretty positive this morning, so I’m gonna just hop right to five good things that I’m looking forward to this week.
1. Three day week this week, and four day week the next two weeks after that. And then a week. And thennnnn….the wedding, and our honeymoon, and lots of days off. Will not complain about any of that.
2. CJ and I are gearing up for our trip to Big Sky Country. The only far west schlepping around I’ve done included huge cities like LA and Seattle, so I’m excited to get myself east of the coast, but way to the west of the Second City. I have big plans, including white water rafting and bear chasing.
And celebrating my friend JK’s wedding, of course.
This is gonna be fun, I can feel it in my bones.
3. Ky, JW and I spent a lot of yesterday watching the season of Dexter that just came out on Netflix. Like, so much that I’m embarrassed to express it to you, although I will have you know that I also cleaned up my house, did laundry, put away gifts, and wrote thank you cards during this time. I had to mix in a little something with the brutal killings of Dex. Wednesday we’ve got plans to finish up the series, and I can’t wait. Why do I love serial killers on television so much?
The world will never know.
4. I spent the rest of the weekend doing things like being in a giant bar crawl which ended with me stealing a place setting (no, I don’t know why) and JW eating a burrito. Off the ground.
It’s more complicated than it sounds.
In any case, we had a great time, and somehow managed to be in bed by ten-thirty.
It was that kind of day.
I don’t regret it one iota, in case you were wondering.
5. The sun is shining, I’ve got hours left for the month on Pandora, and I’m headed to spin class tonight. Things are looking up, chickadees.
Enjoy the start of your week!