Ahh…good morning chickens.
The sun is shining and I’m not scrambling around to get to work, so I’m feeling pretty good.
Even though it appears that I can’t sleep in past 7:15.
Because tomorrow is likely to be busy, I thought I’d take a minute out here to let all of you know what it is I’m thankful for this year.
I think that it’s a good practice to regularly remember all the good things going on, especially as short days and winter head our way.
So here are a couple things to get this week of gratitude in motion:
1. I’m thankful for my family- all 1,324 of them (not really–but maybe really?). This has been a year of high highs and low lows, but it’s nice to know I have a big group of people who are required to love me and even put up with my ridiculous behavior and bad jokes. They’re the best.
2. I’m thankful for my friends- my sister always reminds them when I’m acting crazy that “you chose her!”, and she’s right. They’re actually not required to love me, and do it anyway. I’m incredibly lucky to have great friends near and far who make me laugh, give great advice, and come to all my parties.
That last bit is pretty important.
3. I’m thankful for a roof over my head, food on my plate, and a job to go to every day. Seriously- let’s stop and think about the people who don’t have that trio, because they exist in giant numbers all over the world (and also right down the street). Think about how much easier those three things make everything else. And thank your lucky stars.
4. I am thankful for James Taylor, whose assorted songs have gotten me through the past six months (and really, 27 years) in one way or another. There’s no one I’d rather have to musically get me through the hard times.
5. I’m thankful for the Chicago Public Library.
6. I’m thankful for JW, even though he counts in category 1 and 2 also. I’m thankful I married a guy who puts up with every last one of my hijinks, and who laughs with me through about 95% of them. I’m looking forward to a nice long life full of hijinks.
7. I’m thankful for my health. And all my friends’ and family’s health.
8. I’m thankful for Martha’s Vineyard. And Montana. And all the other cool places I got to travel to this year. I’m thankful for the whole wide world, all the places I love and also all the ones I haven’t been to quite yet.
9. I’m thankful that I’m going to get to eat delicious food the rest of this week and spend time with all the people who I love best. I’m thankful for cooking in general, since it’s the only GD thing I’ll ever be good at that also requires coordination.
I chop really slowly, in case you were wondering.
10. Insert general gratitude here. I’m missing so many things I’m thankful for, but you get the jist of it. This is, for me, a year of gratitude.
I love the holidays- I’m ready to start them, and so I’m off to the Y and then to the suburbs. I wish everyone a beautiful day tomorrow, filled with great food, friends, and family time.