And it’s Friday.
And since I haven’t done it in awhile, despite the fact that good things are popping up everywhere, I thought I’d take this opportunity to reflect on my five.good.things that I’m focused on today.
1. Hunger Games is happening tonight, with my two favorite teens. This means popcorn, candy, and fountain drinks and then trying to contain ourselves while we wait in line to get the best seats.
Also, the movie’s supposed to be pretty awesome, too.
2. This weekend marks my 6th annual Shamrock Shuffle, and the weather’s looking pretty good, as weather on the Shamrock Shuffle can fluctuate pretty wildly depending on the year. It appears I won’t be running in snow though, which is good enough for me. I’m not counting on any personal bests, but the race is such a fun start to the season- in anticipation, I’ve also given myself an extra rest day this week.
Also, it means JW and I get to have post-race brunch, which is pretty much the best kind of brunch there is.
3. Tomorrow night (in a not-so-well-placed-time-slot, I’ll admit), I have a bachelorette party for one of my pals. Despite the fact that I can’t get too wild (unless I want to really shuffle through the Shuffle), I’m excited to celebrate ML and to hang in the city on the weekend.
I refuse to carry an American Girl shopping bag though.
I hear it’s a requirement when it’s not a work day.
4. Speaking of the city- last night the girls and I ventured out for a happy hour spot post-work, but it seemed like everyone else had the same idea.
I hate when that happens.
We settled on a Mexican place with a mechanical bull where we’d never been, and spent most of the night sipping cocktails, chatting, and watching people fall off the bull.
Entertaining, I tell you.
When we got into the cab to go home, Hootie & the Blowfish came on almost immediately.
“Oh, this song reminds me of Seaworld!” JK exclaimed.
CJ and I looked at her, puzzled.
“You know, the dolphins make him cry!” she said, pretty convincingly.
“I think he’s talking about the football team,” I tried to say with a straight face.
“Dolphins are beautiful mammals,” JK said thoughtfully.
We laughed until our insides hurt.
There’s nothing better than that.
5. My coworkers and I enter a pool every year, come Sweet Sixteen time. This year, we drew Florida, a team we don’t really know a lot about.
I tried to stay up through the game last night, but failed miserably and headed to bed, hoping for the best.
This morning, I was happy to see that we not only beat Marquette, but we beat them by ten points.
Unearned cash, here I come.
Only a few more games to go!
Have a fabulous Friday, everyone!