All right, chickadees, somehow Monday has snuck up on us again.
I’m trying not to take it personally.
However, this week is the lead in for the holiday season, and so despite being at the very beginning of it, I can think of at least five good things that come with it.
In no particular order.
1. After a 1 hr, 53 minute delay, crazy winds and a huge storm, and overtime, the Chicago Bears managed to win against the Ravens last night.
We’ve had a couple shaky appearances, but we powered through last night, and now, we just have to keep winning.
No big deal, right?
2. This is a short week for me, and it’s also filled with mini celebrations and corporate meetings that I’m hoping are going to make it move just a little quicker than usual. What’s better than that?
3. This week also marks the final countdown for JW’s MBA. One week from today is his last final, which means that one week from tomorrow, he’s officially finished with the hours of reading, the late night classes, and the caffeine binges, among other things.
I don’t even think he knows what that’s gonna look like, but my guess is, he’s pretty excited about it.
4. Towards the end of this week, my grandmother and JW’s parents head into town for the holiday, which means lots of hanging and company and holiday-ish things.
And really, is there anything better than that?
I didn’t think so.
5. This weekend, in addition to working out and celebrating birthdays and not eating every meal out, I also managed to swing by the library, renew my card, and pay my 20 cents fine, meaning I’ve got new books to read and an online account that functions again.
Bring on the winter and also, the slowing down that’s bound to come as this baby bulks up. I’m equipped. Any recommendations?
And with that, chickens, I’m off to tackle this one. Things are looking up this morning. Enjoy the sunshine if you’ve got it.