Good God, you guys, that was intense.
I know I’ve been sporadic, but this month was a crazier-than-usual version of it.
I just got back from two back-to-back trips in Las Vegas and Denver, with one quick trip home to squeeze Boo in the middle.
Immediately upon getting back on Thursday, I came down with a cold and climbed into bed basically until this morning, when I forced myself to shower and remember how to commute to the office.
Ahh, a break, I thought.
And then remembered my one last trip to New Orleans for a couple days next week.
It never ends, chickadees.
But it’s always interesting.
A couple things you missed in June:
1. Two totally kick ass conferences pulled off by teammates much, much smarter than me. I got to laugh through a trip to Las Vegas, and then kicked it in Denver with Joe Theismann, Blues Traveler, and Hey Jimmy, my very favorite dancing cover band of all time. I am so lucky to be surrounded with people who make work seem not.too.hard.at.all, and I also was lucky enough to get my favorite piece of onsite wisdom from JT:
“It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice.” Good reminder, there.
2. The realization that hot yoga is a legitimate way to deal with onsite stress. Unfortunately, it does not cure colds.
3.The additional realization that cocktails are also a legitimate way to deal with onsite stress.
4. Leaving your baby for essentially two weeks makes for a fairly irritated toddler when you finally show back up. Not that I can blame him. You can have as much ice cream as you want this summer, Boo.
5. In addition to hanging with all my very favorite volunteer-friends (yes, that’s a thing), I also got a chance to see my baby sister, my grandma, and my high school BFF LB and her husband NB this month. It was all awesome, and it all went too fast. So many fantastic people in the world, chickens.
6. Hawks win the Stanley Cup! Man oh man I loved watching them win with my whole team and dancing around to Chelsea Dagger all night in Denver. What I did not like: my boss capturing my sweet “Raise the Roof” moves on video while celebrating. I can’t control my love of the game.
And with that, I’m off to start this one up. I promise to make more than guest appearances in my own life this summer- it’s like a mid-year resolution. Enjoy the sunshine if you’ve got it!