Oh hi, guys!
Today’s my birthday. I’m 32 years old, and I promise, I’m good with it.
I’m finding that spending most of the first few years of my 30s pregnant is a really helpful distraction from the aging process.
I recommend it, actually.
So this has been another big year, and among my key accomplishments have been the following:
- Keeping Theo alive for 12 more months. This continues to be my best and most challenging work, on a daily basis.
- Getting ready to bring another baby into this world. Even better, fulfilling Boo’s wishes for a little sister.
- Taking a new job! After almost ten years and countless experiences (and happy hours) at SB, it was time to move up and on, and most importantly, to just try something new. So far, it’s been fun and different, and I never wake up in the middle of the night feeling a panic attack coming on, which is worth more than I thought it would be.
- JW got a new job-okay, so I had nothing to do with that, but it’s still awesome and I’m proud of him and we live in the same house, so it counts.
- My baby nephew G was born. And even though he’s not my baby, he counts as partially mine according to the Rules of Friendship, and he’s perfect.
- My pals M & M got married. I love all the love, and I love that my friends have awesome partners-in-life.
Obviously there were a million other moments that counted during 31, but those are among my favorites. I know that 32 has more in front of it, including bringing in a lady baby, going to see Hamilton (yes, this is on the list!), welcoming my baby sister to her 30s, accepting that my red-headed nephew will graduate from high school and go to college (where I’ll likely stalk him) and watching my friends expand their families (and so also mine!) with new spouses and babies and pets.
And with that, there’s no time to waste. I’m already hours into this new trip around the sun, and I’ve got things to do.