You guys, you guys, you guys.
Today I’m leaving for NYC, where I will get to see my little sister and her excellent friends, and also, see HAMILTON. I’m such a fan of a quick-ish trip to reboot, and NYC is one of my favorite places to do just that. Five good things, in honor of heading to one of the best cities:
- This is the second time I’ve taken a trip to NYC while pregnant, which is sad because I cannot drink but awesome because I can eat all the pizza and bagels I want without feeling badly about it. I love you more than life Chicago, but you just don’t offer me the same quality level of carbohydrates, and so it’s off to the East Coast I go.
- Hamilton, Hamilton, Hamilton!!! I don’t even care that we could only get tickets for a show at 2pm on a Wednesday, because all I care about is seeing this amazing musical that I have been obsessed with for months (thank you, VB, for your initial introduction and for being the kind of boss who used our touch base meetings to listen to cabinet rap battle songs- you get me). If you don’t know about it, please go freaking Youtube everything you can about it.
- I have a weird little collection of pals who live in NYC, and it’s my goal to see all of them while I’m here. I’m looking forward to laughing my ass off under the wings of some people I’ve missed. That’s the best kind of visit, after all.
- Last time I was in NYC I headed to the 9/11 museum, because even though I am from the East Coast and therefore do not view myself as a Tourist, what’s the point of being in the city and not seeing what it’s got going on, which is like, everything. My sister and I have plans to go see the Statue of Liberty, and since I haven’t done it in 21 years, I think it’s fine. And also I might buy a foam crown, and I don’t care who knows it.
- The weather is supposed to be in the high 50s the whole time I’m there, which means I can trudge around outside and not freeze or sweat to death (last time I was there it was August, and I almost died sweating in inappropriate clothing- my fault, I admit it). We’ve got the setup for a perfect little getaway, chickens.
And with that, I’m off to start my trip with TSA precheck and Frontera. Enjoy this one, chickadees!