Hello all —
This is Jennie, Nikki’s younger, bossy(or bossier?) sister who lives on the Left Coast. Now, I get why the name of this post might confuse you, because some of you might know that Nikki is in Mexico, and I know not if she is on my left coast with me right now or not. For all I know, she could be 3 hours from me just over my border here, and I would never know. Maybe she wanted to keep it that way, knowing I’d rain on her parade. Maybe not.
Anyways, she’s asked me to blog from here for her, on account of not wanting to disappoint her readers in her 7-day absence. Luckily, since I design the headers of her blog (sorry Nikita, the word is out) I have access to her blog all the time. I just read through all the posts for the week (and trust me, they are going to be GREAT) so I was duplicating any information, and so I could get a feel for the vibe she wanted for the week.
And let me just say: it’s a pretty good vibe.
And so, in my and my sister’s normal style, I would like to present you with 10 things I think you (and Nikki) should know, in order of no particular importance:
1. I am so excited that my sister is getting married next year. I love JW. I love her. I love both our families. And I love weddings. Especially when I am in charge. (Because I love to be bossy, in case you hadn’t gotten that already.)
2. Did you know (I’m sure you did) that the midterm elections are coming up? Now, I don’t know where y’all are from, so I’ve done a little research about a few states.
Illinois’s 5th District (aka where Nikki’s district is.)
If you live in Chicago, it appears you’re cut through a few districts, but you can do that research with your address and zip code on this website.
Connecticut’s 2nd District
Connecticut’s 3rd District
Massachusetts 9th District
You get the point. You can also check out the New York Times website which gives information on all the races. That way, you can get yourself educated in the month we have left, so you make smart choices when you vote. Because I am assuming you all vote.
3. Sneak peek: For Halloween, I am going as Alexander. (and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.)
4. Fall is coming, and in fall I love Corn Chowder. Here is the PW’s recipe.
5. I love cooking, speaking of cooking, and I think that this was one of the most interesting articles I ever read.
6. A few photos for your consideration.
This is Nikki attacking the shrimp last Christmas. And JW's face? The usual.
Don't worry -- the Palluzzis will hold up the eye...
When I tell people about my sister, I say "We look exactly the same, except she has blue eyes, and blond hair."
Pretty true, eh?
7. Fall music, for your consideration:
-John Mayer (especially Continuum, and Heavier Things – baby you’re the only light I ever saw…)
-Carbon Leaf (what about aliens?)
-Brett Dennen (I’m gonna plant a garden/paint my bathroom blue)
-Train (You wear white, and I’ll wear out the words I love you, and you’re beautiful)
-Paul Simon (I need a photo opportunity)
8. I love yoga. and you should to. Here’s something to get you started.
9. Fall is pumpkins. And squashes. Do you know what is in season? Here’s some info about gardening in Chicago.
10. Confession: I have purple fingernails and orange toenails. Courtesy of a day off last week and a week at ranch camp, and some seriously in-need-of-scrubbing heels. Paint your nails a festive color! It’s the season for fun!