Morning, chickadees! This has been another fast-paced week, and all of a sudden, I find myself at Friday again.
In honor of making it until the weekend (almost), let’s talk about five.good.things:
1. Last night JW, Boo, and I went to Aus’ National Honor Society induction. We walked in late and basically ended up in the procession with the high school students. Tobin spotted us, and noted “Oh good, my brother’s here,” when he saw Boo coming. I have no actual pictures of the inductee, oh whom I am very proud (and also, how did you get to be so old, my red-headed devil?), but here’s a cute one of the “brudders” after the ceremony:
2. Last week I booked a ticket to Dubai for a rather short work trip considering the 16 hours of flying it will take to get there. I leave in a week.
After wading through feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of leaving Boo and going so far away and wondering exactly how many Xanax it will take for me to ward off mid-flight panic attacks, I have decided that this is actually a pretty awesome trip, and have decided to act accordingly.
Dubai, here I come.
3. I’ve been getting myself to the gym on a more consistent basis this week, which I’m hoping is the start of a good habit. I’m also hoping I don’t injure something with my attempt at swinging weights as if they’re bells.
You gotta start somewhere.
4. This weekend is supposed to beautiful, which means that maybe, just maybe, it’s actually spring. It also means grilling, playground-ing, and ditching our coats.
I’m not holding my breath, but I am excited to get out into the sunshine. I wore a dress yesterday and noticed that my skin is essentially translucent at this point.
5. When I woke up this morning, Boo wasn’t in my bed. As a sometimes we co-sleep out of desperation but it’s the worst kind of parent, this was a great way to start the day.
And with that, chickens, Boo and I are headed out into the world. Enjoy the sunshine if you’ve got it!